Ecosystem Regeneration Camp – Fall
November 11 to 15 – 2019
Campo do Vale
Projecto Novas Descobertas
Quinta Vale da Lama
Odiáxere – Lagos
9:00 – 12:30 / 13:30 – 18:00
(see more below)
Portuguese / English
Nº MIN/MAX PARTICIPANTS
Min. 20 // Max. 35
(read below on how to support)
PND OFFICE: 282 697 862
The Ecosystems Regeneration camps are an experience of learning, action and networking. Participants have various backgrounds and get together motivated to act as regeneration agents, building on tools and knowledge. Time is spent in understanding ecological principles, practicing key techniques and deepening potential networks of action and support.
Our focus for this fall is to spread the word, build on knowledge and skills about agroforestry practices and participatory education for regeneration as well. We are motivated to help multiply events like this camp by sharing what we have learned so far and joining in with other alike.
Our target is to reach as many eco-social initiatives as possible willing to join this opportunity and share the ways to make other Ecosystem Regeneration Camps come alive.
This experiential learning opportunity is being offered to people who can be counted-on to “pay it forward” by continuing the work of ecosystem regeneration in their own context.
Priority will be given to:
Individuals with a history of committed action to advance environmental causes and/or social justice causes, and who have the intention to use skills gained in the camp to increase their impact in regenerating nature and society, and recreate Regeneration Camps in their context.
We also encourage people that come together as part of the same initiative, as peer-learning often works as a more effective and agile learning and a better opportunity to implement gained skills back home.
NB: We have limited capacity to 35max. In order to reserve your place, make sure you click the “JOIN NOW” button above and fill out the linked application form. We will select and inform you about your participation as soon as possible.
Hugo Oliveira from (OrlaDesign)
With his academic background in Biology and Landscape Ecology Hugo is now focusing his work and research on participatory Design of Regenerative Ecological Systems. He is a consultant at Quinta Vale da Lama responsible for creating landscape regenerative strategies for rain-fed agro-silvo-pastoral systems within the Mediterranean semi-arid.
Patrícia Pereira from (PND)
Dedicated to create opportunities that enhance nature and its materials as the main resource in outdoor learning contexts. Patricia has been organizing courses and camps for regeneration and regenerative learning for several years, including the ERC camps in Vale da Lama. She is highly motivated to share tools and methods on participatory learning, community building and agreements plus hands on group activities.
Has developed her professional path in environmental and regenerative learning, through Permaculture, holistic education, storytelling and participatory facilitation.
- Camping with basic amenities. (If you have special needs, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), we have some solutions);
- There are solar showers, free WI-FI and a library area with regeneration related books;
- Healthy mediterranean diet menu, mainly vegetarian meals. Fruits, snacks, tea and coffee throughout the day. (If you have specific needs, please inform when filling the form);
- Site visits of Vale da Lama and related projects
WHAT TO BRING
- Tent (we have some tents for those who don’t mind sharing), and all sleeping gear you need.
- Biodegradable personal hygiene products, towels and shower flip flops.
- Bring outerwear (boots, hat, sweater and rain-gear advised), flashlight, gloves and anything else you might need for comfort.
HOW TO SUPPORT
- Bring food and kitchen supplies (We will send you more details once you register);
- Become a PND member on arrival (Know more).
- Bring your own tools, plus extra to share (gloves, garden trowel, garden scissors, etc.)
- Be ready to volunteer as part of housekeeping routines and space and tools maintenance. – Make a donation!
To run this camp we need about 80€ per person, including all costs with food, kitchen team, teaching team, organization and communication plus infrastructures. We will present you with more details once you are here. If you can support us in this way, please make a donation to:
PROJECTO NOVAS DESCOBERTAS
Caixa de Crédito Agrícola
NIB: 0045 7194 4015 2135 1713 6 // IBAN: PT50 0045 7194 40152135171 36
PATTERN OF THE DAY
9:00 – 10:30 // Topic of the day (theoretical)
10:30 – 11:00 // Break
11:00 – 12:30 // Practical tutorial
12:30 – 13:30 // Lunch
13:30 – 15:00 // Skills for running a regeneration camp
15:00 – 16:00 // Applied learning
16:00 – 16:30 // Break
16:30 – 18:00 // Applied learning + Check out
18:00 – 19.30 // Housekeeping / Personal time
19:30 // Dinner
Evening Sessions are open for participants to share skills and cultural offerings.
By the end you will be able to:
- Apply methods and techniques for regenerating ecosystem your are part of
- Mimic natural processes
- Use appropriate tools
- Participate in a network of learning, support and action.
- Know basic facilitation methods and tools for organizing groups for action.
- Understand the general needs and dos to create a camp back home.
Course organized by Projecto Novas Descobertas Association, in partnership with Quinta Vale da Lama and ORLA