Summer Camps – PND
July to September 2021
See table below
Campo do Vale (PND headquarters)
Quinta Vale da Lama , EM534 Odiáxere, Lagos
926 681 773 ou 960 387 350
967 620 397
282 697 862
Summer Camps Space
Campo do Vale: 282 792 673
Project New Discoveries: www.projectonovasdescobertas.org
Association PROJECTO NOVAS DESCOBERTAS
Summer Camp Organiser
Register No. 12-2013-DRAlgarve
in Partnership with Quinta VdL
During the school holidays the association provides the community with residential summer camps for youngsters to experience days in group, developing competences of inclusion and community learning, while having fun, creating healthy bonds with themselves, with the group and with nature, at the same time benefiting from the farms space and the surrounding environment.
We cultivate friendships in fun and challenging days, taking care of the earth and society through activities such as: wild camping, scavenger hunts, outings, rock climbing, water games, nocturnal exploration games, caring for the garden, harvesting, teambuilding and community building games, rope games, practical application of permaculture principles, decision making in group, story circles, ecological constructions, arts and crafts, sport and health, adventure and wilderness games and dynamics…
Measures taken in our summer activities to minimize the risk of Covid-19: (to see “Full Contingency Plan for Summer Activities” please click HERE).
• All spaces will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected 6 to 8 times a day (bathrooms, kitchen, pavilion disinfected every 2 hours)
• The staff (animators and collaborators) will use face masks
• Participants must wear a mask whenever they are indoors
• Limit people per 20 square meters.
• Constant separation between participants of at least 1.5 meters
• Adaptation of group activities and dynamics so that there is minimal body interaction
• Game dynamics, play, learning will be monitored so that there is no body contact
• New specific dynamics will be introduced for the use of a mask and gloves by the participants, as part of the activity dynamics (as if it were a game).
• Fever will be measured for all participants and staff every 4 hours
• Participants must bring a medical certificate showing that they have not had symptoms of fever, cough or other screening for covid 19 in the last 15 days.
• Maximum of two participants per tent (if family members or family trust). We advise you to bring your own tent.
NOTE: the dates and number of participants may be changed in accordance with the requirements of the DGS and the government face to the pandemic by Covid 19.
• Shift I: 3rd to 11th July | Ages 12 to 17 | max 20 participants
• Shift II: 17th to 25th July | Ages 8 to 12| max 20 participants
• Shift III: 31st July to 11th August | Ages 12 to 17| max 20 participants
• Shift IV: 21st to 29th August | Ages 10 to 17| max 20 participants | (this shift has only direct registration with IPDJ *)
• Shift V: 4th to 12th de September | Ages 8 to 17 | max 20 participants
Important information: On the first day of the camp, participants should arrive at the camp site between 3pm and 5pm. On the last day, they must leave by noon. – YOUR ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE TIME WILL BE SCHEDULED BY EMAIL
* The Portuguese Institute of Sport and Youth (Instituto Português do Desporto e da Juventude), through the program “Vacation in movement – Férias em Movimento” finances places in this Shift of PND summer camp (August 21th to 29th) with reduced prices, for children from 10 to 17 years old, however to occupy these places you must do the registrations directly with this institution (after 20 may) in the NEW platform of the PROGRAMS FOR THE YOUTH, registrate your children or child and then choose the program “FÉRIAS EM MOVIMENTO” option – FARO – and choosing Campo de férias Novas Descobertas IV and following the steps there indicated.
Any questions please call DIRECTLY to IPDJ – FARO: 289 861 820.
WHAT TO BRING:
Donwload the “WHAT TO BRING TO THE 2021 Summer Camps + PROTECTED CHILD KIT” file.
* NOTE: the dates and number of participants may be changed in accordance with the requirements of the DGS and the government face to the pandemic by Covid 19.
• Shift I: July 3rd to 11th | Ages 12 to 17 | maximum 20 participants
• Shift II: July 17th to 25th | Ages 8 to 12| maximum 20 participants
• Shift III: SOLD OUT 31st July to 11th August | Ages 12 to 17| maximum 20 participants
• Shift IV: August 21st to 29th | Ages 10 to 17| maximum 20 participants | (this shift has only direct registration with IPDJ *)
• Shift V: 4th to 12th de September | Ages 8 – 17 | máximo 20 participantes
* The Portuguese Institute of Sport and Youth (Instituto Português do Desporto e da Juventude), through the program “Vacation in movement – Férias em Movimento” finances places in this SHIFT of PND summer camp for children (August 21th to 29th) with reduced prices, for children from 10 to 17 years old, however to occupy these places you must do the registrations directly with this institution (after 20 may) in the NEW platform of the PROGRAMS FOR THE YOUTH, registrate your children or child and then choose the program “FÉRIAS EM MOVIMENTO” option – FARO – and choosing Campo de férias Novas Descobertas IV and following the steps there indicated.
Any questions please call DIRECTLY to IPDJ – FARO: 289 861 820.
Important information: On the first day of the camp, participants should arrive at the camp site between 3pm and 5pm. On the last day, they must leave by noon. – YOUR ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE TIME WILL BE AGENDED BY EMAIL
PRICE FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
• Shift I, II and V – 270.00€ or 255.00 € – for siblings and cousins
• Shift III – 380.00€ or 365.00€ – for siblings and cousins
• Shift IV – price defined by the PORTUGUESE INSTITUTE OF SPORT AND YOUTH
PRICE FOR PND* MEMBERS (WITH UP TO DATE DUES)
• Shift I, II and V – 245,00€ or 230,00€ -for siblings and cousins
• Shift III – 355.00€ or 340.00€ – for siblings and cousins
• Shift IV – price defined by the PORTUGUESE INSTITUTE OF SPORT AND YOUTH)
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
• Accommodation and food ( camping mode and 5 daily meals );
• Personal accident insurance;
• Counsellors with PND’s Counsellors Training and professional competence ( in a ratio of 1 for every 6 children ), present 24/hours per day on the summer camp;
• Activities for 8 days
• Trips ( within the summer camp ) and rapid wear materials;
• A PND coordinator is present in the camp 24 hours a day.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
– The Rules
– The Pedagogical Animation Plan for PND Summer Camps
– FULL CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES,
and perform a careful reading.
(ATTENTION DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF THE FILES – we will only aceept digitalization of the registration forms)
Download the documents: Registration Form Summer Camps 2021 PND, + Term of responsibility / Disclaimer for Summer Camps 2021 and document “COVID Measures 19 – SUMMER activities registration requirements“,
Read carefully , complete, SIGN and send the SCAN (we do not accept photografs of the documents) the DOCUMENTS:
– By email email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– By post: PO box 322 N – Quinta do vale da lama 8600-258 Odiáxere Lagos
– In hand at the same address – public office hours from 10:30AM to 5:30PM.
Please WAIT for an email from the New Discoveries Project with the confirmation of your registration and with the indication of the total amount to be paid and the deposit to be made. DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT without receiving this email.
Come to Quinta Vale da Lama, Odiáxere Lagos, bags made, on the starting day of camp (between 3PM and 4PM on the first day of camp).
WHAT TO BRING
Download “WHAT TO BRING TO THE 2021 Summer Camps + Protected Child Kit” file.
Adventure and exploration:
Climbing, hiking and scavenger hunts through nature, treasure hunts, guidance and night exploration games.
Group and community:
Trust and team building games, cooperative games, group decision making, reflection circles, team games and traditional Portuguese games;
Creativity and Innovation:
Crafts, theater, music, dance, use of natural materials, creative writing and story circles;
Sustainability and Regeneration:
Taking care of gardens, crops, composting, jam making, soap making, introduction to Permaculture design and transformation of learning spaces, natural building.
1. To enable the participants to come into contact and to coexist harmoniously with the environment and the surrounding countryside.
2. To provide a range of activities that reflect and respond to the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of children and young people by providing them with individual and collective activities that are appropriate to different age groups and levels of development.
3. To promote increased self-esteem and behavioral changes associated with healthy living habits and respect for the environment.
4. To promote the practice of physical activity and a dynamic and positive lifestyle.
5. Develop autonomy, responsibility and respect for others.
6. Develop inter-relational and social skills in living together with other young people and adults.
7. To encourage the discovery of new cultures and values, initiatives and creativity;
8. Learning from experience / practical experience
9. Study and seek sustainable dynamics in the three spheres of life (social, ecological and economic)
10. Provide a recreational and creative experience based on cooperation and mutual values.
At Quinta Vale da Lama – in our educational Campus Campo do Vale. Accommodation is in camping mode, with activities all over Vale da Lama farm (Odiáxere Lagos) and eventual outings around Lagos and Portimão area (beach, visits and walks).
Children and youngsters from 8 to 17 years old.
If you are more than 16 years old you can also join this opportunity! Participate in our Summer Camps Counselor Training.
Participants must arrive at PND facilities on the first day of camp between 3PM and 4PM, and depart on the last day of camp until 12AM.
+351 926 681 773 or +351 960 387 350
967 620 397
PND Office: 282 697 862
Summer Camps Facilities
Campo do Vale: 282 792 673
(Print here the info contacts for parents during the summer camps.))